Workshops, Classes & Sessions
Our Workshops, classes and running sessions are geared towards runners of all levels of fitness, experience and ability. The experience of the coaches is such that they can guide through the session so that you work to your capability.
Groups are always limited in number to ensure you get a good level of attention and the opportunity to develop and learn. All we ever ask is that we all work together and aim to be the best we can be. The outcome is always to look to move forward, a better runner.
These session are ideal for anyone looking to extend their knowledge and experience, coupled with plenty of fun. So don’t forget to bring your ‘laugh’ with you – it’s essential!
- Newer runners looking to improve
- The more experienced running looking for more fine tuning
- Healthy runners
- Competitors and those looking for race day improvement
- Anyone looking to prevent injury and to stay healthy
Our next series of running Sessions, “Running Made Easy” will be in two parts. Each will look at the specifics of how to improve your running and also how to support your running. All will be ideal for runners working towards a spring or early summer event, form the 5k to the marathon and beyond into Ultra’s. Each session will follow the guidelines and principals from England Athletics.
Stuart, has worked for England Athletics delivering these principals at Club level throughout the region, for both athlete, runner and coaches. As such we believe these workshops will also be ideal for coaches and aspiring coaches, both LiRF and CiRF qualification.
Running Made Easy Part 1: Developing your Fitness and Supporting Your Running
During the Part 1 series of workshops we will look at the importance of each module in putting a session together and also as a standalone training workout. In both cases the process is ensuring we are better prepared to avoid injury and to run better with improving movement patterns.
- 5th November – The Importance and Role of Strength and Mobility
- 12th November – Running Technique for every Runner.
- 26th November – Speed Development, including bringing the above together to form a comprehensive and effective speed workout.
Running Made Easy Part 2: Training Planning
Part 2 brings everything together so that you can begin the process of developing your own training plan for success.
- 14th January – Goal Setting. events goals are one thing, yet what are the fitness components you need for the event? We will explore both.
- 28th January – Heart Rate Training. The benefits of heart rate training explained, plus effective ways to work out your training zones.
- 11th February – So how do we pull all this information together into an effective Training Plan? We will explain straightforward steps to success.
Cost is £25 per session, £65 per Part (1 or 2), or £120 for both parts.
Numbers are strictly limited to 12 people per session.
Further information can be found here >> or if you prefer to speak someone or book yourself onto the sessions please call: 0114 242 2569
Weekly Strength Classes
These will be starting very soon… to register your interest please complete our Contact Form and let us know, thank you.
Weekly Sessions by the Accelerate Running Community.
We are also heavily involved in the ongoing weekly led runs and sessions led by the Accelerate Running Community. These sessions are open to all.
BIG Running Weekend
Another event that we are involved with is the ever popular BIG Running Weekend. We coach classes and sessions plus we organise a variety of workshops.
the next BIG Running Weekend will take place October 6th, 7th and 8th 2023. You can find out more HERE >>